Information for Under 18s (Consent Form for Minors)
If you are 17 years old or younger on the day of your test, you and your parent/guardian need to complete the Consent Form for minors and send it to us at least 7 days before your test. You must also bring the form with you on test day.
- Download the Consent Form from the link above and print it.
- Ask your parent or guardian to complete the section in yellow. They must choose either:
- Option 1: You need a chaperone. We will arrange for a trusted member of staff to be your chaperone on test day
- Option 2: You do not need a chaperone. (Only available for candidates 15 years old or older on the day of your test).
- You (the test taker) need to complete the section in pink.
- Scan and send the form to [email protected] at least 7 days before your test.
- You must also bring the Consent Form with you on test day. If you do not, you cannot take your test and you will not qualify for a refund or transfer.
What is a chaperone?
A chaperone is someone who will accompany you during your IELTS Speaking test. They will be present in the room with you during your Speaking test, in addition to the examiner. The chaperone and examiner are not the same person. The chaperone is there to provide assistance and protection, but they cannot interfere with your test, speak to you about the test answers or distract you in any way. The chaperone is provided by the testing centre.
Do I need a chaperone?
If you are under 15 years old, you must have a chaperone. If you are 15 years old or over, your parent or guardian can choose if you need a chaperone or not. You must submit the signed Consent Form regardless of your parent/guardian's choice.
What is a Consent Form?
The Consent Form is a form that needs to be completed by both the test taker and a parent/guardian. A parent/guardian must tell us if they want a chaperone for the minor or if they are opting out.
Do I need a Consent Form for Minors?
If you are under 18 years old, you need to submit the form. Consent Forms are not required if the test taker is 18 years old or older on the day of their test.
When and how do I submit the form?
Print and complete the form and submit it to our office 7 days or more before the test date. Scan the completed form (or take a clear photo) and send the form to [email protected] as a PNG, JPG or PDF.
What if I don't have a printer?
Pick up a copy of the consent form from our downtown Vancouver office at least 7 days before your test. Check opening hours here. Your local print shop, library or university will also offer printing facilities. If neither of these options is available to you, please email us.
If I submit a copy of the Consent Form by email, do I still need to bring it with me?
Yes, you must bring your completed Consent Form with you on the day of your test.
I forgot to submit the Consent Form and/or my test is less than 7 days away. What should I do?
Submit your form to us immediately at [email protected]. If you booked less than 7 days before the test date, submit your form within 24 hours after completing your booking.
What happens if I don't submit the form in advance, and I forget to bring it on test day?
You will not be able to take your IELTS test. You will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.